Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 28th-29th- Spa night and a movie


Monday, Anita had heard of a great deal downtown about the fancy hotel's spa was celebrating its one year anniversary and for only 100KR we could experience the spa. So after work, Bente and I picked up Kristin and Anita and headed for the spa.

So beautiful the colors and music, smells and overall design. There were cold tubs, regular tubs, warm (not hot) tubs. The warm one had a dome ceiling with "stars" to look at. There were 3 different kinds of saunas. One had smells, one was classic "Nordic" (way too HOT!), and the last was a mist sprayed in the room that smelt like Vicks Vapor Rub. Essentially, it was a room to clear sinuses. We all got the giggles in that one because we couldn't see each other anymore.

The Meditation Room: padded floors (like gymnastics) and then hanging from the ceiling was 5 cocoon beds. Seriously, it was like we were caterpillars and just hung all scrunched up with tropical music playing in the background. Every time I opened my eyes, Kristin was doing something silly.

At 9, spas are not to relax but to play! She had a blast I think. There were foot baths and they were perfect "Kristin sized" pools. haha.

Great girl night.

Tuesday after work I decided to go for a walk because the weather was actually summerish! (not close to a Midwest summer, but great for them!) Anita told me there was a great lake to walk around nearby. 1.5 hours later I was tired and a little sweaty. It was a great lake though. When I got home Peder asked if I wanted to go to a movie. Yeah! I haven't watched a movie since I got here! Wait, haven't watched a movie in English since I got here. We decided on A-Team. Couldn't get much more American then that movie (which I kinda needed). We loved it. So funny! Great action. Whole thing great. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Good movie, go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment